Friday, April 3, 2009

Never going to school again

After going to school for many years (grade 29 by my calculations), I hit the wall with going to class and getting a grade. While I like learning, I neverf want to be graded again. I did get some grades which were influenced by my non politcally correct opinions. One class was "context of contemporary education", a mass whine by most of the educators in the class. 'we don't get paid enough, we don't get no respect, we work too hard for the amount we get paid, we have to buy our own equipment', etc. Now I want to be a teacher, and I have many family members who are teachers, but they do not whine. I feel like those teachers need to realize what the national average income is (less than $35,000 a year for more than 50% of the population), and not complain that they generally make $45,000 or more qafter 10 years. Even this doctorate means I will start around $50,000 or so. I would be better off working as an electrician, at least financially. If you maake the decision to go into a field you want that does not make a lot of money, don't complain when you don't make a lot of money!

So, My wife is going to school to get a masters' and then for a doctorate. So far, it looks like I will be doing much of the work and essentially getting a masters' degree in communication. I like learning the stuff, and I don't have to get the grade, so I guess it is the best of both worlds.

Well, we are going on a five day trip with the boys, I have been seconded to be the engineer and construction director for the Sharon stake Freedom Festival float, and I want to build a sailing dingy. We are going to tear up the yard and put it in xeriscape for low maintenance, while trying to develop an article for publication. I did get about 2 minutes of fame when I went to the Utah lake Commission public meeting. The D news and KSL reported I had said some things, positive anyway.

I will leave more for next time.

All feet are the same!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you are supposed to put a link to the news articles online. We've gotta work on this blogging thing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete